Local Roofers Reading & Wokingham ~ Benjamin James Roofing
Tile Roofing | Slate Roofing | Flat Roofing - Felt, Fibreglass (GRP), EPDM Rubber
Areas we cover:
Arborfield | Burghfield | Calcot | Caversham | Crowthorne | Earley | Finchampstead | Grazeley | Lower Earley | Mortimer | Pangbourne | Purley | Reading | Riseley | Shinfield | Sonning | Spencers Wood | Swallowfield | Theale | Tilehurst | Twyford | Wargrave | Wokingham | Woodley
Here's a bit more information on the thing's we do.
Whether you need to have small roof repairs, replace an old or damaged roof, or are embarking on a new roofing project we offer a full range services to meet your needs.
- We undertake roofing work for new and existing property using a wide variety of tile and slate products. Pitched roofing design caters for a huge variances in the style and types of homes .
- As you will see from our projects gallery we are experienced in delivering first class results for our customers across a whole range of roof types .
- Traditional built up 3 layer felt systems are very much the traditional method for flat roofing. However, modern materials and technologies can provide vastly improved performance, with guarantees available for up to 25 years!
- We are experienced and trained in felt, Grp flat roofing (fibreglass) and a range of EPDM Rubber flat roofing solutions. This means we are able to offer the most appropriate and cost effective solution for your needs.
- Lead is the de-facto product for chimney's and flashings on residential homes. It's essential that it's installed correctly to prevent leaks and damaged to the roof structure. It also looks the part!
- Please see 'Our Work' where you will see some further examples of our work.
- New clean fascia's, soffits and guttering can significantly improve the appearance of your home.
- The correct installation of guttering also has an important practical application in ensuring rain water drains away correctly. Problems with leaky connection joints and accumulation of leaf debris from nearby trees can cause significant damage to brickwork if left unresolved.
- Please contact us for advice on the installation of new products or if you require general gutter clearance / repairs.
- We are experienced in repairs to old weathered and damaged brickwork, repointing eroded mortar, replacing chimney pots and complete chimney re-builds.
- Structurally, it's important that chimney's are maintained in tip top condition. This is so that they perform as intended (safe emission of gases and leak prevention) and also so that do not cause safety issues with loose brickwork.
- One of our most impressive examples was a complete chimney re-build in traditional lime mortar.
- Over time moss accumulation is an inevitable occurrence on most pitched roofs. This can look unsightly and in the worst scenario cause damage to tiles in freezing weather conditions.
- We recommend manual moss removal and treatment to achieve the best results. No pressure washing, since this removes the surface of the tile!
Sun tunnels, Roof lights and Velux windows
- Creating light in a dark room is simply wonderful. There are a number of ways this can be achieved relatively inexpensively using sun tunnels, roof lights and Velux windows.
- We have successfully installed these for a number of local customers and are experienced in installing the leading brands.
Leaky Roof Repairs
- Common problems include cracked or missing tiles / slates, leaks caused by damaged flashing, and blocked downpipes and guttering.
- Sometimes the route cause of a problem can just be attributed to the age of the roof reaching the end of it's days. No matter how small the problem you can be assured of an honest appraisal and a recommendation on the best way forward.
- Please read some of our reviews from satisfied customers where we have carried out roof repairs of varying degrees.
Homeowner & Landlord Roofing Condition Reports
- Whether it be prospective homeowners looking for peace of mind or for landlord's requiring assurance for insurance purposes we can help in providing a Roofing Condition Report.
- Please contact us for further information.